Sunday, September 12, 2010

Men Are From...?

Yesterday I had the opportunity to be the wing-man for my BFF.  I'd had a bit to drink and my inhibitions were not existent.  Cute boy was off in another state doing his thing and I was really ready for the sarcasm that been bubbling up inside the last few days to come out.

The BFF has been seeing this guy for a bit, not really a public thing, just them doing their thing, but last night we kinda invited ourselves over to drink his beer while he was hanging with four of his good friends... Just one big meat market.  A great opportunity for some observations...although i don't know that any of them ultimately helped me any.

Firstly, guys think it is okay to simply play on YouTube when there are women in the room.  We were there for about 40 minutes before any of them really acknowledged us. Really guys? Watching music videos is that important?  Besides, the music was really too loud for us to have any conversation anyhow.

One of the guys broke off from the pack by grabbing my brand new sweatshirt and putting it on. I guess he was cold and he thought it was his buddy's.  The knowledge that it wasn't didn't matter.  He just kept it on and started sniffing it. And continued to sniff it. and sniff.  He thought I smelled good and it was kinda of funny...especially at the point where I had two guys smelling my hair.

The BFF and I decided to go outside and sit, kinda expecting that some of them might follow us, but nope.  You probably guessed it.  They didn't, at least not initially, they stayed inside with YouTube and actually dancing to some of the songs.  Bonus for us, we could just laugh and talk amongst ourselves at them. Eventually they did start to journey outside, mostly as the desire for a cigarette increased, but they hung out until we got cold and moved back in.

At this point, the boy who tried to steal my sweatshirt has told my BFF that he's got a crush on me. (Gee, in less than two hours, that may be a new record for me.)  He's continually made quiet comments that I've managed to ignore, because in amongst these comments he has mentioned his wife numerous times.  I'm fairly intoxicated and I have a nervous tic of playing/twirling my hair.  He actually tells me that I need to stop, he can't handle it. Muahahahahaha. 

Said boy then managed to text message me later (or rather earlier this morning) and tell me I was pretty, cool, sexy and I smell good.  I was informed he would like to date me, I am just his type.  At this point please scroll up to where he was talking about his wife.  He has stated that they have an open relationship, that she's okay with it.  Um, yeah, no.  One, I am not and I deserve more than being the other woman.  Jackass.

So what have I learned from my observations? Men are easily distracted.  First by loud music and funny things on a monitor and then later by smells and simplistic actions.  They tend to get one thing in their head and have a hard thing letting it go.  They think flattery will get them everywhere, including in one's pants.  They are easy to toy with once they let their weakness be known.  And therein lies the fun.

I played with the one boy like a cat with a mouse.  It was my entertainment.  Cruel? Maybe... but after all, he just opened the door that made it so easy.

Oh, and just so you know, I wasn't even showing any cleavage.  I was in a baggy t-shirt, jeans, sneakers and a hoodie.  I can only imagine what fun I could have had if the girls had been on display!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment